Sunday 25 October 2015

Collage lesson. Annotations 3 using different shades of one colour.

Collage lesson.

Third use of collage using different shades of one colour and layering to show the nature of the subject.

I began in the same way as my previous collages by tearing up sections of tissue paper, this time using multiple shades of green to portray my subject. The layering of different shades of green make the outcome of the collage much more vibrant and eye catching. I used the same techniques as in all the other collages however when layering emulsion onto this piece I used slightly more, making for a pastel colour over the lighter shades of green. Below are step by step photos of the first stages.

I then proceeded to draw onto both collages, the leaf I chose for the subject of these pieces had many segments, due to the texture of the collage this was shown quite well through this piece. I also worked back into this image with small pieces of tissue paper similarly to the last collage I completed as I found this to be very successful in my last attempt.
I also worked back into the second collage, with the way I had glued the ripped pieces onto the second piece it reflected the shape of the leaf so I followed this shape with charcoal. As with my last drawings with this second collage it was hard to follow where the charcoal was over the drawing. I think this takes away from the quality of the piece as it looks unfinished and bare. However after completing many attempts of this technique in this style I have learnt that selection of background is incredibly important to the quality of the finial image.

No comments:

Post a Comment